The Glory Has Come! · THURSDAY 25

And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one (John 17:22).
In our opening verse, Jesus was talking to the Father in prayer about His disciples; He said, "The glory that you gave me, I have given to them." This is amazing! I want you to know that the prayer is for us too, because in the same scripture, He said, "Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word" (John 17:20). So Jesus prayed for us as well, and gave us the same glory that the Father gave Him.
This should get you thinking! If Jesus says the glory that the Father gave Him, He’s given to us, what would this mean? Notice He didn’t say, "I shall give them"; He said, "I have given them." The question is, "Have you received it?" You know, it’s one thing to be given something; it’s another thing to accept or receive it. The good news is, when you received Christ, you received the glory and became one with the Father.
The Bible says Jesus Christ is the effulgence of the Father’s glory (Hebrews 1:3); that’s exactly what He’s made us—the effulgence of His glory, because as He is, so are we in this world (1 John 4:17). This is what Christmas is to us. Christmas means that you’re in Christ now and that you have His life and nature in you. Christ is in you now, which means glory has come! Think on this as you celebrate today! As often as you can in the course of the day, say, "Father, I thank you; I’m your glory, and I express who I am today. Christ in me means glory in my life!"
Prayer 
Heavenly Father, I thank you for your great love which you expressed in sending Jesus to the world to make us one with you, even when we didn’t deserve it. Lord, I thank you for the glory and oneness I share with you; I pray that all around the world, this season, Christ will be exulted and magnified, resulting in a great harvest of souls, as your children spread the message of salvation, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.
Further Study: 2 Corinthians 3:18; Ephesians 1:11-12
1 Year Bible Reading Plan : Zechariah 1-3 revelation 17

2 Year Bible Reading Plan : Revelation 19:1-10 Zechariah 5-6

No comments: