Be Of Good Cheer! · FRIDAY 26


These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world (John 16:33).

These words of the Master give us the assurance of a victorious life. It doesn’t matter what you faced in the outgoing year, rejoice in the Lord, and celebrate His victories in your life. This is important because as we journey in life, we must have times of reflection: moments when we look back and see what the Lord has done, and then project into the future, into the greater glory that He has in store for us.
The Bible says in Psalm 16:6 (CEV), "You make my life pleasant, and my future is bright." Blessed thought! God has a bright future for you, and He loves to let you know about the future He’s planned for you, and endows you with the speed and power of the Spirit into that glorious future. No matter what you experience along the path, it’ll always be for your good, and for your glory. Therefore, like the Apostle Paul, rejoice and say, "...None of these things move me" (Acts 20:24). Set your focus on the Lord and His Word, because there’ll always be distracting influences here and there, trying to pull you off the goal, but refuse to turn away; stay on the Word and you’d be sure to experience victory, success and triumph.
You might say, "2014 hasn’t really been for me a year of greatness, because of the enormous problems and challenges that I faced." It actually depends on what you are looking at. Remember, a man’s worth is measured, not by the number of his friends or by the good things that happen with him, but by the challenges that he faces, and the power of his enemies. In other words, the bigger the trouble, the greater you really are!
As you prepare for 2015, be grateful for the challenges and difficulties that came your way, because they were opportunities for God to manifest His greatness in your life. Halleluiah.
Prayer 
Dear Father, I thank you for the revelations of your Word that inspire faith in my spirit, and produce great testimonies in my life. I’m confident of the greater glory that lies ahead, for my path is as the shining light that shines more and more unto the perfect day. You perfect all that concerns me, and for this I’m exceedingly grateful, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.
Further Study: Romans 8:28; James 1:2; Acts 20:22-24
1 Year Bible Reading Plan : Zechariah 4-6 revelation 18
2 Year Bible Reading Plan : Revelation 19:11-21 Zechariah 7-8


No comments: