Don’t Settle For Less! · thursday, april 12th · by Pastor Anita

           
For he who has once entered [God’s] rest also has ceased from [the weariness and pain] of human labors, just as God rested from those labors peculiarly His own (Hebrews 4:10 AMP).
Pastor AnitaWhen you study the account of creation in Genesis chapter one, you’ll observe that man is the crown of God’s creation. God created man on the sixth day, in His own image and likeness, after He had created everything else. Satisfied and joyful, the Bible says He rested from all His works on the seventh day: "And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested…" (Genesis 2:2).
When God was done creating man, everything was ready. Man’s first day in the earth was on the seventh day; God’s day of rest. Adam woke up to God, resting; He had finished all the work of creating the universe; there wasn’t anything for Adam to do except to appreciate God. This was God’s idea, purpose and intent for man all along. Man is supposed to function from a position of rest; free from struggles, anxieties, turmoil and hardships.
You were born into God’s rest; not into struggles, worry, or stress. Those who don’t understand this truth live an unhappy, frustrated and bitter life. God made you for His pleasure, so as to be pleased and happy about you. No wonder He says in Matthew 11:28, "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." This is an invitation to those who’re still toiling, struggling and battling in life; enter into the Lord’s rest. He says "Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls" (Matthew 11:29).
This is the life to which you’ve been called; it’s a life of beauty, glory and grace! It’s an extraordinary life of success from a position of rest; embrace it, and don’t settle for less.
Prayer
Dear Father, I thank you for showing me your intent and purpose for my life as expressed in the scriptures. Thank you for creating me for your pleasure, making provisions for me to live a glorious and extraordinary life of victory from a position of rest! I function today with joy, knowing that my future is secure in you; in Jesus’ Name. Amen.
f u r t h e r s t u d y: Hebrews 4:3; Matthew 6:25-26

No comments: